It's a Bloodbath!

I can't believe I never thought to whore out one my favorite Texas thrash bands, CONDEMNED UNIT! They're a four-piece crossover thrash band from Austin, TX. I had mentioned them in the post about Dresden 45, but I had yet to give them their own post. They play a mix of old school thrash and hardcore in the vein of the Accused, DRI, Poison Idea, D45, Agnostic Front, etc. They even do a fucking rad cover of the Accused's "Slow Death," and Brian's son, Isaac, helps sing the chorus. I had the pleasure of hanging out with these guys last summer while I was in Austin for Chaos in Tejas. I got to check them out while they practiced, and damn, they make a good soundtrack to the movie "28 Days Later," haha.

They've got a rough mix of their demo available on the website, and they've got a split 7" with Filthpact from Scotland coming out on ReProcreate Records real soon so keep an eye out for that. They've also got a couple of songs on a compilation being put out by Cheap Ass Records. Be sure to watch your back when out on the streets at night because Condemned Unit are coming for you!

http://www.condemnedunit.com
http://www.myspace.com/condemnedunit

Condemned Unit is:
Brian - vocals
Ron - guitar
Jeff - drums
Matt - guitar
Rob - bass

Here's the rough mix of the demo:
(right click, and save as...)
01 - Suicide for God
02 - Bloodbath
03 - War Whores
04 - Face the Grave
05 - Schizophreniac
06 - Slow Death (the Accused)

No comments: