Demolition Hammer - Skull Fracturing Nightmare Demo (1988)

By request, I upped this gem of east coast thrash/death metal. Skull Fracturing Nightmare was the first demo from Bronx thrashers, Demolition Hammer. Recorded in 1988, this demo featured drummer, John Salerno, who was replaced shortly after by Vinny Daze. With the addition of Daze and second guitarist, Derek Sykes, the band recorded a second demo tape, Necrology, in 1989. Personally, I love when thrash bands play as trios because the music will tend to be more raw and an overall assault on your eardrums. No extra rhythms; no whack solos; just fast and pissed off. Not saying a trio of thrashers can't do some mad innovative jams (Coroner's R.I.P. is one of my all-time favorite thrash metal records), but I much prefer my thrash to be straight forward and angry as hell.

Skull Fracturing Nightmare is 4 tracks of raging thrash metal. With lyrics about violence, death, and environmental disaster, how could you go wrong?



No comments: