Record Acquisitions - 07/07/11

It's been awhile since I have regularly picked up records, but as of late a few have made their way to me. From gifts to record release purchases to the bins at a used book store. My financial status should be in much better shape soon, so I intend to get back on my record game.

The tape was given to me by Doug of NawDude. It's a copy of their recent split with San Antonio's Overyaction, a girl fronted hardcore punk band. Larrry from Livin' plays bass in this band. The two records I found during a one-off stop at Half-Price Books on my way home. A promo copy of the Stooges' Raw Power and, Philly Hardcore legends, Pagan Babies' debut EP, Immaculate Conception on Positive Force Records. Snagged both of 'em for only $6! Now on to the next batch...

A couple of weeks back, I found myself at the Broken Neck in East Austin with some friends. We had heard about a show, so we figured we would stop by. I wasn't anticipating much, but I was pleasantly surprised when the second to last band went on. Zero Progress play no-bullshit, faster than hell hardcore and hail from the SF Bay. Borrowed $5 from a friend just to pick up a copy of their Derailed EP. Two days later, I made my way downtown to check out the Night Siege record release show at Beerland with Criaturas and Porkeria. After haggling with Manny, I got my hands on a copy of their new LP, Power of Death, which I posted about when pre-orders were made available. I must say, this record has some impressive packaging. From the black on black screen printed LP sleeve to the personalized dust sleeve, this record just looks good. Reviews of both the Zero Progress EP and the Night Siege LP are coming soon.

The other records were given to me by my friend, Dustin. They were a payment of sorts. Amongst them were the new Burning Love LP, Integrity's VVe Are the End EP and his band, Botfly's CDEP, I: The Shining Path. On the topic of impressive packaging, that Integrity record looks awesome. The coolest part is their logo etched on the B-side of the record, as seen below.

VVE ARE THE END.

No comments: